when you got married what did you bring in with you and do you consider it yours or "ours"?

Everything in our house except the tv and the computer I had b4 we got married. From the couch to the dishes and even the 2 cars. I have neva been a ass to call anything in the house mines but I do find myself calling the cars "my cars". I feel like they are mines, I brought those cars in college about 2 years ago and still pay insurance and up keep on them even tho my DH drives one and is literally tearin it up all becuz he is too lazy to buy a battery for his car.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ummm We have mixed things. I have two buffets from my grandmothers... and those are ours but they are mine. get my drift? haha.
    Anonymous

• We have mixed things as well. But I brought movies, home decor stuff, lots of kitchen stuff. Everything is ours.

Well, I take that back. I do say "my kitchen aid mixer". Only because I'm the only one who uses it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I had nothing, since I had just gotten out of college. His stuff I called "ours."

Answer by Bmat at 2:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i didnt have nothing, met him and married him when i was living at my ma's.

the only thing i can really say that was ours at that time is my bed, he had a twin sized one and i had a big size one (dont remember what size, queen?), i brought my bed with me and we made it ours but thats gone now.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Its ours and was from the moment we committed to one another.

The stuff that is mine vs his are items that are personal to us like stuff from his racing car days(trophies,etc)...those are his. Mine would be letters or awards from school,etc.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I got the hand me downs from my parents...so in that aspect the stuff is "mine" the bed is actually mine because I had it in high school...we can't afford a new mattress. Anything that is "his" is stuff he has bought.
    Anonymous

• what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine
    Anonymous

• We both brought a bunch of stuff into the household........we were both in our 30s when we got married. Not to mention my DH never had a typical bachelor pad...he has very nice things...and you would of thought a woman decorated his apt...(a mans look...just not usually expected from a guy).
    We ended up buying new living room furniture and bedroom furniture...so those things are *ours*
    I do have sentimental things...such as my grnadmothers dishes ( 2 sets...everyday..and *the good stuff* ) that are specifically *mine*. Other than that...when we got married...most thigns became *ours*. A marriage is a partnership.
    Although I can understand the cars things for you...I would probably tell my DH that if he was going to continue to drive my car......that I worked hard for........that he better take care of it...or fix his own.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 2:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• At 18 and 19 we didn't bring anything in to our marriage except the clothes we owned. We had both just gotten out of Navy Bootcamp (which is where we met) and he was in the Navy and I was no longer in (I didn't finish because I knew I had met the man I was going to marry so I was legally separated from the military). We honestly had nothing. He had just gotten to the base on 10/18, I showed up on 10/20 and we got married on 10/22. We had no furniture, no dishes, no towels, no bedding, nothing. We had to get a loan from Navy Relief just to get a place to live, have the money to turn our utilities on, buy some groceries & to rent some furniture. We were at the bottom. That was 24 years ago. We have come a long way in that time. We own our own home and everything we have is paid for. It was a long road to get to where we are now but everything we have is ours together. Nothing is his and nothing is mine, it's ours.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• EVERY THING IS OURS..... accept maybe the clothing.
    Anonymous