For those of you mOms that pierced your baby girls ears why did you do it?

Why Did you peirce your baby girls ears, I have seen a few little girls with pierced ears, i am a Mom of a Boy and will not let him pierce his ears but I am asking those Moms who pierced their BABY girls ears Why?

jagrus

Asked by jagrus at 2:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cuz its easyer to take care of the ear piercing at a young age so they dont get infection my mother waited to get my ears done old and they got infection 2 different time so i had to take them out till i was in 6 grade to have them done again
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Because it is a cultural thing for me. I am half Mexican and that is the norm for most Mexican people. In fact, it is a cultural thing for many people around the world, Indian, Nepalese, etc. I had my ears pierced on the way home from the hospital after I was born! I often wonder why people wait so long.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• because i can ?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It soo much easier on them & you when they are little.They are too young to know what it is so they are ok with it.. also there is no cartilage in their little ears..so again easier. & like before their too young to know & they won't pull at it! But normally you have to wait till they are 3 months.. b/c most place want them to have their tetanus shot first!
    LiLMama923

Answer by LiLMama923 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I was 4 when i got my ears pierced, it was my choice and i wanted to do it. It hurt and i never let my mom clean them so they got infected, i remember it exactly. I got my first daughters ears pierced at 1 she didnt even cry or jerk her head. My baby's was done at 4 months she didn't even care about it. They are easier to clean because they cant tell you "no". They dont remember it even happening. Now my 2 year old love changing her earrings. If they dont want them later they can always take them out.
    BEast915

Answer by BEast915 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• BECAUSE IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!
    Anonymous

• I just took DD last month, just before she turned 4. She had been asking for at least a year. It was a reward for finally pooping on the potty and giving up her nighttime binky. I've had no problems taking care or them. I went to a piercing shop and they used a needle, and gave her cute little hoops. I don't like the idea of doing it to a baby.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My mom took me when I was 2 weeks old and got my ears pierced w/ a gun b/c she swears they are less likely to mess with them and barely notice that it's happening. Now we are in a constant battle b/c she wants my daughter to get her ears pierced (she's a little over a month old) and I am against getting piercings done with the piercing gun and no respectful piercer will pierce any child under the age of 5.
    squeakers2

Answer by squeakers2 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I like the way it looks. I know it's vain right? Also she has the option to remove them as an adult. It is much easier to take care of newly pierced ears on young baby that a 4 year old. She cried more for her vaccines than her ears.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• BECUASE ITS A MEXICAN TRADITION EITHIER THAT OR OYHER MOMS WHO ARE NOT MEXICAN JUST WANT TO
    marquezt18

Answer by marquezt18 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2009