Bonsai tree

Are they hearty? Easy to care for? I am thinking of getting one but need to know if they are tempermantal or die easily lol Dont want to get a plant I can kill in a week.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I looked into getting one a while back. They are mainly outside-loving plants. So they need conditions similar to the outside- sun, for example. Upkeep involved root trimming. As much as I admire Bonsai, it seemed like too much effort. If you aren't concerned about that though, you should be able to make it work for you. You should google about it or get a book from the library. It must be an interesting hobby.

Answer by Bmat at 2:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Bmat thanks for the info...dont need a hobby lol just think they are cute, sounds like too much work for me right now. Maybe Ill look for a nice fake one!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• omg...I bought one for $60 in a little flat pot...it died in a couple weeks. I too thought they were cute, but for $60 to go down the toilet in a couple weeks.................

That was when I lived in an apartment and it didn't get sun. They even told me at the bonsai nursery it needed sun! I was thinking about getting another one now that we live in a house, but I don't want the kids f'ing with it in the back yard, and don't want to put it out front where it will be stolen :/
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Hi Ria you can get complete knowledge about Bonsai tree from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai and I would like to advise you when you will buy bonsai tree then don't forget to use Bonsai boy coupon code. Because if you use code then you can get bonsai tree at discounted rate. 

ToniaWilliam

Answer by ToniaWilliam at 2:33 AM on May. 14, 2012