coming up on my 4th missed period, negative tests!

I had a baby in may and am breastfeeding, but I had normal periods on june 8th and july 8th, come august 8th and nothing its almost november 8th and still nothing. i have taken 4 pregnancy tests and they are all negative ive been having some hip pain and it is uncomfortable/painful sometimes during sex... does anyone have any idea what is happening?! idk what to do, i cant get in to see my dr until dec 18th.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Health

• Are you on any kind of BC? Are you nauseated? Its unlikely but it could be an ectopic preg and those wont always show up on a test. you may also have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) which causes cysts on ovaries (painful sometimes, esp if large and aggravated- maybe by sex?) irregular periods, weight gain and unwanted hair growth, like on the face or belly. something you may want to bring up at the dr.s . I have had it my whole life, and it got worse post-pregnancy. It sucks, and I too have had months worth of missed periods myself. Can be frustrating. Sounds to me like you have a cyst, and it could burst. If you get severe cramping/nausea/bleeding etc you should go to the er. A burst cyst is extremly painful, almost enough to make you faint. You might want to see if you can get into the gyno sooner. could be serious.
    Anonymous