Is there anyone out there who cannot stand their in-laws?

Please tell me I'm not alone. I cannot stand my in-laws. My father in law and his girlfriend are the rudest, filthiest, drunks and drug users I've ever met....and their old. They always have beers & cigarettes in their hands. They smoke weed with my mother in law.....WTF! The cannot even put down the cigarette to hold my daughter. They have only seen her a handful of times since she's been born. My mother in law, well she's a piece of work. She is a drunk herself and can't keep a job. When she does have a job all she does is complain about how much she hates it, quits and then bugs us for money. My husband is so different from his parents. And I feel sorry for him because I know he get's embarrassed and feel bad for they way they are. I never ever say anything to him it just bothers me that for their son's sake they cannot try to take care of themselves or show the least bit of intrest in their son's life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• bump. i'm opposite. i hate my parents and family. isn't it hard being the only sane one in the crowd?
    Anonymous

• omg i cant stand my in - laws. unfortunatley, my SO became alot like them, but i have slowly been getting him to change since i met him. my in laws SELL WEED to my SO & his 18 yr old brother!!!!! they drink all the time, smoke ciggerates. theyre broke. dont help theyre kids with anything. and pretty much just smoke pot all day. I CANT STAND THEM.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I do not like my supposed "MIL" she is a very detached person. She's on her fifth marriage (you can imagine what sort of person that would be). I can't fault her on that alone, but she tends to run off when things get difficult. She has run off with another man when she was married to my FIL (and I like my FIL by the way, he's a great person) She has kicked my husband out of the house (with me and my 2 month old at the time) because they weren't getting along. She likes to talk about other people's problems that confided in her to keep secret...and she talks so much sh** about my biological MIL it doesn't make her look any better than her. Well and that's not all, unfortunately, but I won't bore you. Needless to say I haven't spoken with or seen her since 2007.
    Anonymous

• i have never actually MET mine. they live away and didn't come to the wedding and weren't happy about it anyway. but they are supposed to come about the time the baby is born which is really just inconvenient and stressful because i have never even spoken to these people except on the phone last november to tell them their son was in the hospital. very very awkward situation.
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• No new/expectant mother should have to go through that added stress! perhaps you should put it off a bit! :-(
    Anonymous

• Why yes, I detest my in laws! Always have disliked the ungrateful, selfish, rude pieces of crap that they are. :)
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Ugh...don't get me started my in-laws are AWFUL!!! They would win a trophy for the worst in-law TRUST ME!!!
    Juicy_Mom_of_2

Answer by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Hahaha no I'm sure mine would win not just worst in-laws but biggest waste of space on earth! I can go on and on, but simply put, when DH mother calls, the ringtone from her on HIS phone is from the exorcist! They will never be a part of my life! And luckily my hubby feels the same way!
    lovnmybaby

Answer by lovnmybaby at 3:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2009