Should he see a Dr.? Any advice?

My 1 year old has had pale yellow diahrea for 4 days now and has puked a few times a day for 3 days, no puke so far today. He is really fussy and farting A LOT!!! The nurse told me that as long as he is keeping fluids down there is not much they can do. How long should I let this go on? I just feel so bad for him. Does this just sound like the normal run of the mill flu/swine flu?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 2:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yellow can be liver/gall bladder. Does he get worse when eating fatty foods? What is his normal diet?
    Does he have pain in the liver/gall bladder area? Does he have a fever? It could be flu, it may not be. Take him in if he doesn't get better and watch for dehydration.
    Anonymous

• No fever. I don't know if he has pain or not, he does not talk - I have not noticed it being sensitive. He eats all kinds of foods. He doesn't really like veggies, but he does take vitamins.
    expectoct

Answer by expectoct at 2:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You might try adding a probiotic to his drinks. (Same sort of stuff in yogurts.) You can get it in capsules that you just dump into his drink. One of the nurse's at our dr's office suggested it when we had problems.
    Anonymous

• Yes the nurse is right, does it have a very strong smell to it? Really all you can do is try to keep them well hydrated. It doesn't sound like a flu to me it sounds like rota virus.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Yes, a very strong smell!
    expectoct

Answer by expectoct at 10:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2009