How can I get it through his thick skull that you DO NOT SCRUB my non-stick pans!?!?

DF always used the stupid scrubby pad on the teflon! I told him that you can't do that because it ruins it but he can't freakin listen. Now all of my pans are destroyed and I'm not even sure I want new ones because he will just screw them up too. Try making pancakes in a scratched up pan... or scrambled eggs. URGH! I told him just don't touch them I will wash it myself but he just has to do it. Maybe I'll hide the scrubber HAHA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Get new pans, good quality, and not non-stick. Those he will be able to scrub. This way he'll still feel helpful and you won't need to worry.

Answer by Bmat at 2:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i dont know but i wish someone could get my husband to stop cleaning really gross stuff in the kitchen sink. he cleaned the bathroom garbage can in it, and i almost had a stroke. men are so frustrating!!
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Don't buy scrubbers or cheap pans. Only a cheap pan would get destroyed after a couple scrubbings. I scrub my non-stick pans and they are in perfect shape.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Answered at 3:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 by: sammybear71

ewwweeee he should have done that in the tub...I clean the kitty box in the tub and then clean my tub
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Hahaha!! My father in law got us an entire set from Willams Sonoma last year and I have told my husband about a million times to not use the metal silverware when he's cooking with it, use the bamboo stuff instead- he doesn't get it, and he has scratched a few of them up. I appreciate that he helps but it might just be a lost cause!
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Cooks Essentials brand from QVC cookware - not as expensive as some and indestructable! Have him buy you a set for Christmas! : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• momrocks1000-
    I'm actually asking his mom to get us a new set..... since she loves to spend at least $600 on us every year for christmas. A decent set doesn't cost nearly that much
    Anonymous

• Aside from hitting him with said pans...there are new scrub pads that I got a few weeks ago that are made for Teflon pans. I didn't believe it at first, and tested it out on the bottom of an older pan. They don't scratch, but they get the stuff off.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• A. Stop complaining, you have a husband and he does dishes. B. Do it yourself and see A.
    C. Ask for good quality pots and pans for Christmas.

D. You can't teach him. Let him cook and see what you mean. Teflon is bad for you anyway.
    Anonymous

• I just woke up passed out from the floor because I fainted when I read the words..."My husband cleaned...." What?!! He cleans?!!! Aw heck!

You might throw out the pans because yo udont want to ingest the teflon flakes...I think its bad. So buy new ones and make sure that he can scrub them....win/win.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2009