4 weeks postpartum and pregnant?

My son is 4 weeks old. I have been having unprotected sex for a couple of days, and one night hubby did go inside of me... One those days that i did, i ended up ovulating that night (i think, there was clear stringy, thick mucus from my panties to my body.... What are the chances i could get/be pregnant again?highly likely, or not so much? i know its possible, just wondering the odds though

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Its very likely.. Your body still isnt fully healed up so it is easier for you to get pregnant.

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 2:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Ooo man, that would suck. Don't you know you're supposed to wait at least 6 weeks before sex?!?

• Well dr. said 4 weeks (i know thats odd sicne i had a 3rd degree episitomy tear) but i have an appointment on my 6 weeks postpartum so maybe we'll be able to tell then if im pregnant or not =/

• were you trying for another one with a 4 week old?

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• no! it was just one of those STUPID "in the heat of the moment" type i dont even know what to think or expect now with my period and all not breast feeding, so im guessing it should be here soon?

• Um...I'd say the odds are pretty good that you could be pregnant!! I can't believe you'd even have sex unprotected that soon after a baby!!

• that's pretty stupid. you can get pregnant before your period restarts. you can get pregant if your husband does not ejaculate in you.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Okay now that it's been said several times - & i know that you feel guilty but yes you can be pregnant no point in bashing talking about how "stupid" it may be ; because I'm sure your already beating yourself up; but just go and talk to your doctor about it when it comes time for you to go back to your doctor appt. & good luck

Answer by dorkish_face at 4:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Its very likely and as for the period I got mine at 8 weeks post partum so pretty quick after the delivery. If you are pregnant congrats its a blessing no matter how soon it happens!

Answer by bjw_053109 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• the first post I read said 6 weeks after post partum WRONG not what my doctor told me after having DD, he told me that IF I FEEl like it I could but at the time I did not want another child and six years later I am wanting another one but have not gotten pregnant. And even if you want to bash go some where eles and DO it cause I think that is JUST down right RUDE to a person, yes it may have been wrong but this person has to live with it regaurdless!!

Answer by mama63640 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2009