FYI about enfamil toddler formula

Did you know the formula they have for 10-36 month olds has corn syrup in it???? yup i was reading ingredients trying to figure outhow its different for the older ones. I was tempted to keep giving DS formula at a yr if it really was better. So to my surprise right on the label, it said corn syrup. Why? There is really no need to add that to a toddlers drink. Might as well give em kool-aid as a staple too. Anyway, just thought i'd share and see what you all thought about it. (o and parents choice infant formula, milk based, DOES NOT have syrup in it, I checked. thats what I give DS

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• People actually buy that stuff? Toddlers don't generally need formula and if they do, the doctor usually just says to leave them on what they were taking before.

Anonymous

• glad I breastfed
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 3:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Ditto to Stickyfingers. My 2.5 year old still nurses as does my 14 month old. No need to worry about crap fillers!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• FYI- every single infant milk substitute that you buy commercially, has corn syrup solids in it. ALL OF THEM HAVE IT. it is not just for older babies.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• obbydobbie.....what would they list the corn syrup solids as other than that? def not trying to argue, but just curious bc the formula i use does not say anything about corn syrup.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009