sore nipples after all this time

this past weekend my nipples began to hurt very badly, not only when she nurses but just in general. I have not had any issues for almost 9 months and then this pops up. Also for the past 2 nights she has been wanting to nurse almost every hour and is inconsolable until she nurses. My husband has tried going in and rocking and stuff to no avail. She does not take a bottle or a pacifier. We are trying to get pregnant again but it is still too early for me to test. Have any of you other mommies out there had this problem or know of anyone that has. I would really love some input.

luvlabs3

Asked by luvlabs3 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you getting your period? That can cause sore nipples, and a slight drop in supply. Just a thought.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It sounds like one of two things are going on...either you're already pregnant or you have thrush. If it's thrush you need to get with your dr and get it treated right away because it only gets worse.

If you're pregnant, your baby may be fussy because your milk changed. If you have thrush your baby would be fussy because she would have thrush in her mouth which can be quite painful.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• maybe you are pregnant and not producing as much milk so she wants to nurse more. it's just a guess.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Or maybe you just need to use some lanolin? Good luck! My son is 14 months and I went through that every once and a while my nips would be soooo sore and lanolin would fix me up in a jiffy!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2009