If legalizing pot was on your local ballot would you support the bill?

i would imagine it taxed like a casino (30%)
legal for sale to those over 21 only
(you also have to factor in the money we wont be spending trying to prevent it)
locally you could deside laws about where they could sell it or buy it (like in ohio we have dry counties where you cannot sell or buy beer)
and lets prentend that nothing is tacked onto the bill to get passed along with it ....
simple answer - yes or no but i am sure some will want to tell why...

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 3:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh the cost savings! The police might have time to go arrest my ex husband if they weren't busy chasing around idiots smoking pot. I choose yes and I want the tax revenue to go to teacher salaries and incentives (like continued training and teacher's aides), domestic violence prevention programs, and organic foods in school lunches.

While I'm at it, can I amend the animal control laws? There is a $15 mil/ year waste where I live.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

• no
    Anonymous

• yes
    Anonymous

• Yes.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• No, because you have to take into consideration the situations surrounding the industry that grows the stuff. Do a little googling about the countries it comes from.

I might change my mind if it were grown and regulated here in the US and foreign pot was illegal.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yup.
    Anonymous

• Yes
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 3:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yes. Because if pot was legalized, they could legalize the growing of hemp to provide so many renewable resources like paper and oil and grain, too. It would save the forests, save lots of money not chasing down, arresting, trying and jailing kids for having 2 joints in their pockets. Anytime something is prohibited, other crime follows, like Al Capone and the growth of the Mafia during the years alcohol was prohibited. Once pot is legalized, a lot of the side crime would disappear. The taxes added to the state treasury would help too. Here in Washington they sell hard alcohol (not wine or beer) in State Liquor Stores. They could add a pot section to those or make special pot stores and do the same thing. No sales to anyone under 21 and the tax on it would go straight to the state.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• YES!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2009