Can you tell me more about a career as an Occupational Therapy Assistant?

I have a degree in a field that is very hard to find work. Therefore, I need to pursue a new career and have some questions about Occupational Therapy. How long does it take to get certified? Will I be likely to find a job? What is the average beginning salary? What are the pros and cons of this line of work? Thanks for any information provided.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Talk to the program director of the department at the college you would be attending, they would be best to help with your info. You can also check your state website...they should have an occupational outlook somewhere on the site. You can also google the occuptation and get info that way. I really think it varies depending on the state you live in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• This particular job was listed i think on MSN yesterday as being a much needed upcoming field and mostly was on the job training. ( assistant only) Go to your HR dept at your local hospital this week and ASK.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2009