Would you step in & what would you say if your DH wouldn't talk to his Mom...

DH and I have been fighting constantly, about his disregard of OUR family- me & our 3 kids. His Mom is very rude & disrespectful but I'm not supposed to say anything because she might get mad. His siblings treat her the same way. They keep quiet and let her walk all over them just so she won't throw a fit. He says he's not on her side, but he doesn't want to start anything. He'd rather me be upset. We don't have any gifts yet for our kids & DH won't tell MIL she still owes us $100. She's lied once and said she paid him already. Now he won't bring it up because she'll cause a scene, and still won't pay him. I don't care if she gets mad! We have a new baby and 2 other kids to care for! She's out there gambling every weekend! I am not letting that woman ruin Christmas, especially our 5 month old's first Christmas! Even if she throws a fit & doesn't pay up, I think I have every right to tell her that we expect our money NOW.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd talk to her myself, and not care if she got pissed. If hubs isn't willing to take care of it, and it needs to be done, that means you. Sure, it's his mom, and it would be ideal for him to, but if he's not going to then, again, that leaves you. It's a shame everyone tip toes around her. That's why she continues with it, because she can. Good luck and be strong!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Hard situation cuz if you tell her what you think then your husband will probably be pissed at you and then your home is still in a stressful chaos of sorts.

Im a wimp about confrontations, I avoid them like the plague so Id probably not say anything to her anyway but I certainly wouldnt let her in my home or act all lovey dovey when around her. She'd know I didnt care for her even if I didnt tell her my exact thoughts.

If I had guts...I would confront her since he wont.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't say anything. It sounds like she doesn't have it. We're always paying for my mother in law. We don't keep track of it. Just forget about it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• She sounds like a real monster-in-law! It doesn't sound like you're going to get your money back no matter what so it's probably not worth you and your husband fighting. Can you guys work out an agreement and let it go? Like maybe that you guys never under any circumstance loan her money again? It would be easy enough if the trained response is, no, we're broke. If she believes you're broke no matter what then there's no chance she'll get money out of you again and your husband can't feel guilty because he can't give what he doesn't have.
    Anonymous

• Oh she has the money, alright. She has enough to gamble! Her and her stupid @ss BF are all the time showing off their new stuff and talking about how much they got paid for this job or that job. Yet they forget they have to pay my DH for doing most the work THEY collected money for. He's stopped working for them on the side because of that reason. They are both crooks and she's a beotch for doing her kids and grandkids that way.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I'm supposed to act like nothing is wrong, too. And allow her to come into my house and pretend to be all grandmotherly to my kids. Knowing everything she tells them is a lie, too.
    Anonymous

• Tell your DH to grow a set and stand up to her.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I did. He wasn't too happy about that...LMFAO...you should have seen his face. I told him that I'm tired of the b. s. and she is a grown woman and knows she freakin owes money to him.
    Anonymous