please help!! is this normal?

Ok so I know that in late pregnancy you pee a lot, but in the last few days I have been going every HOUR or sooner, all night long and it wasn't that way until this weekend, after two days of bad cramps. I am also vaguely nauseated all the time, and sex has been causing crampiness and nausea so bad the last two nights that I think we may have to stop it altgogether. I feel a lot more pressure down low than before, especially on my bladder, and after just a few minutes I feel the urge to go, and when I stand up it feels like I'm gonna wet myself and it hadn't been that way. The baby has been dropped, so I know he's low, but the pressure seems to be getting worse, and now the nausea. Is this normal or should I go get checked today? My OB visit is Thursday and they do not like to move stuff sooner, and will tell me to go to ER and I want to avoid that. I'm 39 weeks, baby is due next week.

sammybear71

Asked by sammybear71 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i had crampiness and I realised it was just the baby dropping lower...yeah now i pee a lot more, i even sleep walk so i go all night but it doesnt bother me too much since im sleep walking., But nausea stuff like that is signs of labor sometimes...I think if you are really concerned go ahead and head to the doctors, if you can wait until your next appt I'd wait because it seems pretty normal to me.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i agree.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• None of those are symptoms that show that you need to get checked! It might hit a point where you actually pee a little every time you stand up. Your bladder is located right under your baby's head so everytime you stand up, there is pressure being pushed on it.

I cant imagine that your OB office would send you to the ER or L&D for those symptoms... I am sure they would just tell you its all normal at the end of pregnancy!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Sounds like your hormones are preparing your body for birth. Normal stuff for the last weeks of pregnancy.
    If you're truly worried you can always call in, of course.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2009