how do i get my daughter to sleep

eversince i took my daughter off the bottle the only way she goes to sleep is by crying herself to sleep

amberlynnj89

Asked by amberlynnj89 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You just have to let her cry it out. She will eventually stop. Just dont give in or you will have to start all over again. Its goign to take time but she will get over it. Good Luck
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• How old is she? How long has it been going on? Did you ever lay her down with the bottle in the crib? Sorry so many questions. :) But unfortunatly, it was something that she needed to be taught early on. When my son got a little older, we would put him to bed awake so he would learn to fall asleep on his own. And we would never lay him down with his bottle. For a few nights there would be some crying, but after that he was good to go. Now at 18 months old he is kissed goodnight, layed in bed, and we don't hear from him till morning. A few nights of crying was well worth the peaceful bedtime we have now.
    jen282

Answer by jen282 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• 18 months by your profile...check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution" for toddlers if CIO is not what you want.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• thats what my son did too!! sad but it gets better - you could sit in there and pat her or rock her or sing or just sit next to her crib and hum?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• if i go in the room she just cries harder and we share a room with her b/c we live with my in laws
    amberlynnj89

Answer by amberlynnj89 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I have the same problem right now! I read from someone else here that you have to start early with this. Well, I did! I had my daughter trained right! I would say "Goodnight, I love you" and lay her down... never a peep! We were great, sleeping through the night since 7 weeks old!
    Untill the molars came!!! Now, she wants a bottle or to be rocked to sleep, or some nights she wants to just be held ALL NIGHT. Bedtime is a nightmare now. I have tried the sitting in the dark until she cries herself to sleep. Tonight was 52 minutes long. The forth molar has pretty much come thru, but I can't do this everynight! It is not getting any better. I wish there was an easier way. If anyone has any other tips I would love to hear them!
    Also I want the bottle gone. Working on it. But after 3 nights with no sleep... I sadly gave in for some rest :( That was over a month ago. I thought I would try again after the molars are done... HELP
    Hollandrox

Answer by Hollandrox at 10:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2009