• In the Spotlight:

My kids are grown. Looking for volunteer work, but everything is so far away. Looking for something to do. any ideas?

I'm a computer geek. Love being on the computer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Check out serve.org - it's Obama/Bush's call to serve volunteer website. Even if you dont go through this site it can give you awesome ideas of the wealth of things available to donate your time and energy to. Good for you! Get out there and serve Mama!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You could always go on facebook and play a bunch of farming games, lol.

Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 4:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Volunteer Match has some virtual volunteer opportunities. My kids are grown and nearly grown too, what about 4H. Their always looking for leaders to run groups and they're in all places rural and more. A computer club would probably be loved!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• How about help women in labor-- be a birth doula!

:-D

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• www.wishuponahero.com :) I've been a hero there several times and have had a lot of help recently... my husband left us and I've needed help w/things. It's a GREAT website.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• When my youngest starts school, I am going to join the volunteer fire dept, as a first responder, the training is not too tough and I love helping people and back before I got preg. with oldest it was so awesome getting to help people in bad shape, right now I wish I could join but would never be able to go on runs with my kids in tow
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 5:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009