female cat likes to mark....but why?

i have had this female cat spayed since she was 4 months old and she is roughly 2 yrs old and i didn't notice before but ever since we moved into our new house which has been 1 1/2 i noticed that cat piss smell. i notice it when i do wash so i know it's been doing it on the laundry. at first i thought it was my old cat logan (male) who has always been an outdoor cat until we moved here. now i have spotted my female and know it has to be her if not both but why would she do this now? i'm pretty sure now that i have spotted her that it is her and never was him. he is fixed as well. i provide two litter boxes that get cleaned daily if not the next day. the boys chore since i'm pregnant.

recently my male cat has been venturing outside. which is great. doubt he'll continue if he ever did to spray in the house. we even had to tare the carpet out in the loft area.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pets

• No answers yet