Do overweight/obese people stay warmer?

I saw a question about "what temperature do you keep your house?" and it got me wondering, do you think overweight/obese people can keep there homes cooler and still stay warmer then thin people? I'm really thin, have really low bodyfat, keep my home pretty dang warm and I'm still cold! It's 75 degree's in here right now and I'm wearing sweat pants, a hoodie, and fuzzy socks!

Do you think body fat plays a big role? Or does it have more to do with how my body regulates body temp, poor circulation? Lower/higher body temp? What?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• DH and I have this 'discussion' every winter. I'm thin and freezing! He's fat, like Fat, and sweating like crazy when I bump up the heat. He says he's already insulated. I say I'm not. Blah, blah, blah. I put on the extra clothes and sit with a blanket all the time, but I'm still cold, while he sits during mid-winter in shorts and a tank top. My thought is that fat can help keep a body warm.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• ha, i always wondered that. I just wouldnt ask. I wanna see the answer. My house is at 80 and my feel are still cold.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Fuck no! I've been overweight my entire life and I freeze with the best of them. It's fat, not blubber.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Im over wieght and i freeze! im always in socks slippers sweats and hoodies
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Blubber IS fat...
    Anonymous

• I freeze and I have been skinny and fat! LOL....and I froze my ass off both times! Its easy to stay warm when you are skinny I think only bc you can add layers to your clothes when you go out without looking 50 times your size...if you are overweight you put on 2 shirts you feel like you are dying and being squished into your clothes...not to mention you still have to put that coat on!!
    Anonymous

• Nope, dont believe that.

My husband, who is pretty thin, stays a heck of a lot warmer than I. I tend to get colder faster than he or my sons do LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• ^ now that is an interesting perspective...
    Anonymous

• ^ now that is an interesting perspective... (anon :44 that is)
    Anonymous

• No. It's circulation, maybe thyroid, activity level, the weather (humidity), and the region you live in. DUH?
    Anonymous