Planning a wedding...HELP HELP HELP!!!

I live in Central Florida (Melbourne/Palm Bay) and I'm just starting to plan my wedding but I have NOO idea what I'm doing or where to start. I've pretty much completed my guest list and almost have a date officially set. We want to get married in March (havent decided 2010 or 2011) and we want it to be an evening outdoor wedding. But not on the beach. We'd love to do a garden wedding but I dont think theres any around here but Idon't know how to find out. Google hasn't been all hat helpful (for once) lol
And all the other stuff I'm supposed to decide about... yeahhh.... I haven't been very decisive! I'm jsut getting too overwhelmed when I don't need to!
So any tips, suggestions, ANY HELP at all will be GREATLY appreciated.
Life would be soooo much easier if I could just afford a wedding planner! haha
Thank you!!!!!!

HcMomma

Asked by HcMomma at 4:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• ooh!! congratulations!! i just started planning my wedding, too!!!! we do not have a date set, because where we will be having the ceremony & reception JUST got back to me today letting me know what weekends were available for next October. have you been to theknot.com? LOVE that site - they have a budget calculator, you can put your guest list in, everything. it also has a countdown list of things you should be doing/have done already prior to the BIG DAY! even though we don't have an exact date yet, i have spoken to several caterers & different venues already. caterers generally just want to first know how many guests, then they'll give you an estimate per head. i would think about whether you want sit down/buffet dinner, open/cash bar, or just do wine & beer (that's what we're doing). start looking at dresses, so you can get an idea of what you want. definitely start thinking about colors. flowers! i found a great.cont
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 4:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I can't give much advice because my wedding was quick and only involved DH, me and our 2 kids! But I would suggest knowing the date before doing any real planning. Having a guestlist and picking your bridesmaids/maid of honor doesn't hurt though. You could start looking for dress ideas for you and the bridesmaids. I believe the maid of honor will have part or most of the responsibility in helping you plan, so go pick the lucky girl lol! Again I don't know much about the "rules" of wedding planning.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• oh yea & congrats!!!
    tnm786

• wholesale florist website, if you want to DIY & save some money. i'm also having my girlfriends over for a little dinner (after my baby gets here) to ask them officially to be my wedding attendants. SO will be taking his boys out for a drink that night to talk to them about it. PM me if you want to talk anymore about it - as you can see, i'm quite excited about planning mine, i would LOVE to help you!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 4:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• No friends??? Don't you know anyone who is married, start by asking them first. They'll tell ya what worked & what sucked. Also, google "wedding checklist" there are thousands of them....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Go to TheKnot.com and find a local group for your area
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Brides.com has a very informative forum. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 4:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• This shouldn't be in the relationship section...
    Anonymous