I've felt like pooh all day and feel like I'm being a bad mom

My 9 month old and I normally do stuff all day when he's not napping or nursing.

I feel like pooh today tho and I keep sitting down and putting him down on the floor to play with stuff and not letting him move around as much (cause I can't chase him around when I feel like this) and he is getting madder and madder. He won't even smile as much or "talk" as much :(

I feel bad and I feel like I'm being a bad mom but I know if I push myself I'll just end up laying on the couch and that'll tick him off even more.

Anyone with supportive words would be nice. And any suggestions for "quiet" activities that'll irritate him less would be nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Building blocks the megablocks is great - little ones love the height they go. To lift yourself put on a pop soft rock cd and just exercise to it in front of your lo. He'll likely do his own moves to it.
    Public Libraries and Barnes and Noble have great meets for all ages - just google some library around you.

Feel better - maybe gargle w/some warm salt water and have some food from a nourishing time in your life - a warm fuzzy from childhood or earlier adulthood can be enheartening.

Feel better!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Well when I feel like crap I generally lay on the floor with my son and we play without me having to hold him or over exert myself when I feel like crap. Or does your baby have a jumperoo or walker? That could work for both of you too. But you are not being a bad mom. We have our days too! So don't be so down on ypurself :)
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• you could try introducing your LO to crayons. when he wants you to join in all you need to do is scoot the paper over to you and draw him a picture. not much energy needed. I've had those days, and i'm sure every mom has, don't worry your not a bad mom YOUR GREAT! especially because you're looking for help right now when you feel like you're neglecting your child (which you aren't :-)) have fun and rest up ( i know it's a little contradictive but you know what i mean)
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 4:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Just remember, like Pooh, you're stronger than you know and braver than you seem and smarter than you think. (We have to get SOMETHING from all those children's movies we're forced to watch OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER....)
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 4:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009