Should I call my OB?

Ok, I am 32 weeks pregnant and I have been having contractions since Halloween. I also started to loose my mucus plug that day also, but that was only one big clump so I dont think thats a big deal. My contractions aren't consistent but they are painful, and I am also feeling a ton of pressure in my vagina and butt. With my DD I was overdue so it is hard for me to believe that things could be going on this early, but I also dont want to wait and find out that things are happening. I want to call my doc, to let her know whats going on and get her opinion but I dont want to seem paranoid if its nothing. So would you call or wait til your appt. (I have another on wednesday) They are doing an ultra sound that day to see how big he is, apparently he feels really big if that makes any difference on what is going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im 35 weeks and the other week I was having contractions that were so bad but not timable. I called my OB and she told me to drink alot of water and lay down for an hour or longer and see if they go away. Usually when women gets contrations early is bc we arent drinking enough water. it helped mine go away but I was still made to go in bc I was leaking too. But they will usually tell you to drink the water first and relax...and keep a record of them. If you are having contractions 10 mins apart then you should call. We shouldnt have more than 6 in an hour this early one!....good luck
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 4:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I wouldnt call the doc unless your contractions become regular. Typically they say to call when you cant walk or talk through your contraction or when you have them 5-1-1, 5 minutes apart lasting 1 minute each for 1 hour. BUT at only 32 weeks I would say to call before they get that frequent because they will try to stop your labor if you are in labor.

Having said that... I do feel like what you are going through is typical towards the end of pregnancy. Do you mean you have an appt tomorrow or next Wed? If you have one tomorrow then I am sure you will be fine between now and then
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009