How do I get my 4 month old to take a bottle?

She refuses to take a bottle of breastmilk or formula, and now she won't even take a paci. All she wants is my breast HELP!

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just keep trying :) shell get it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• That's the way it's supposed to be!

Some breastfed babies will never take a bottle. Try a cup. You might try just a small cup or an easy sippy cup.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Have you tried the NUK bottles??
    jessicakaye_08

Answer by jessicakaye_08 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Okay my daughter is 3 months old and I just got her to take the bottle for the first time today. I was in your exact position. She even stopped taking the pacifier like yours! So I tried the Avent, Playtex Drop Ins, and Breastflow....and what has ended up being the best for her is the Avent. But honestly I think it was WHO fed it to her for the first time that got her hooked on it. My husband, my father in law, my mom, and myself all failed at giving it to her. She'd either just push it out or cry hysterically. Then today, our housekeeper, who is the sweetest lady ever who my baby just smiles at all the time, was able to do it first try no problem. Then after my daughter took it from her once, she takes it from me no problem. So my suggestion is to really find someone thats REALLY good with kids, who is very calm and not anxious at all. And she did have a dirty shirt of mine next to her cheek. I wasn't in the room at first.
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• " just keep trying :) shell get it" I agree!!!
    YeahHer

Answer by YeahHer at 6:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2009