Is anyone else having trouble getting their toddler adjusted to the timechange?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 5:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yea my daughter gets tired earlier then normal and shes been waking up early like 5:30. But at least she plays in her crib and dosnt cry for me to get her out.
    Anonymous

• for some reason, no. (sorry not bragging, I'm actually surprised myself!) He actually slept an hour later than usual too! I think it might have been cuz we were out a little late on Friday night and then he didn't have much of a nap on Saturday. Weird, but it worked!
    Anonymous

• Sunday was a little rough, but not bad. We stuck to the usual routine with the "new" times. Monday was pretty much on track.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I remember that we had a bumpy day or two when they were babies/first toddlers but this year they've been fine. The key is really to stick to the normal nap/bed times. If you find your toddler seems more tired at the end of the day, try putting him to bed a few minutes earlier until his body has fully adjusted to the change.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 9:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• my DD's sleeping schedule isnt off b/c she stayed up an hour later on Halloween and i didnt let her take her nap Sunday until the right time (it was not fun!)...but her eating schedule is messed up! its so weird b/c she's getting breakfast at the normal time, but she wants lunch & dinner an hour early.

i use to love getting the extra hour, but now its means more work...oh the joys of being a mommy! haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2009