• In the Spotlight:

what did/do you put your newborn in during the day (that's portable)?

I have the big crib but I would like something more portable to put him in during the day. What did/do you use? Playpen? Bassinet? Moses Basket? something else?

sammybear71

Asked by sammybear71 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pack n Play
    Anonymous

• Portable basinet.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 5:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• car seat
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• bouncy seat
    Steph319

• i don't understand...why would you need it to be portable for the house? if your LO is awake and you're going to another room for a while then just pick her up and take her with you...if you're going to another room just to grab something then just leave her where ever she is, whether in the pack n play, bassinet, or if no other kids or pets, you can even have her on the floor, on a playmat.
    Anonymous

• we freakin' had him in everything. we had a pack n play, a rocker seat, a swing, and a carseat swing. I'd say he was in the swing most often.
    Anonymous

• Anon 29... Its not that easy. Do you not have children? You cant cook and hold a baby, Wash dishes and hold a baby, fold laundry and hold a baby. Stop being stupid! I want to be able to see my baby and make sure theyre okay. Pack n play, bouncer and a car seat are good ideas
    Anonymous

• How old? Have you tried a carrier or sling? I can cook with my son in my Snugli, he likes to watch what I'm doing and babble at me. He doesn't like to be put down very much at all, so I either have to have him in a carrier or have someone else hold him to do anything.
    Beichan

Answer by Beichan at 5:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• my son was colic and loved the swing (wanted to be in motion 24/7) so id say that was the most used as a newborn...but he was also on a play mat a good amount of time.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I've used it all. Bassinet, swing, bouncy seat, playpen and when the got older a walker and one of those things they can turn around in with all the toys on it(I can't remember what it's a called right now LoL)
    jat08167

Answer by jat08167 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2009