Rice recipes?

Anybody have any good easy recipes I can cook with rice? I have 2 big bags of rice ( one white, one brown) and when I Google "rice recipes", there are soooo many it's pretty overwhelming. I was wondering if anybody had a favorite. Something simple, not alot of ingredients.

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 5:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My aunt makes rice and keeps it fluffy. While the rice is cooking, she fries up ground beef. When the rice is done, she adds the drained ground beef, chopped spinach and shredded cheese and parm cheese. She mixes it all together. She places in a greased casserole or cake pan, tops with more shredded cheese and bakes until the cheese melts. YUMMY!!!!

She also does plain rice with butter and Parmesan Cheese.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I love brown rice! I cook a big batch on the weekends and freeze in meal portions. I serve it with stir-fries, curries, make rice pudding, etc. Send me a message offlist if would like some recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• FRIED RICE!!!!!!! yummy. plus you can add whatever you want to it. i add eggs and chicken and carrots. I hate eggs so it really disguises it.
    You can also do rice tacos. Make the rice and add chicken to it and then put it in a tortlla shell. Not bad at all
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 5:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Our favorite with rice would be Chicken and rice. Choose a pan depending on how much you're making. If I'm feeding 6 pple or more I do this in my roaster. For just my husband and I I do it in the dutch oven. Skin your chosen pieces of chicken. We prefer to use all thighs because we like dark meat. In your pan pour in the desired amount of rice. For 2 of us I use 1 and 1/2 cups of white rice. The amount of water you need is exactly twice the amount of rice. For a big roater I use 3 to 4 cups of rice. I pour the amount of water I need in a bowl and ad i average size can of cream of mushroom soup and whisk it together until smooth.. Pour the water over the rice.and stir. Place the chicken in the rice(press it down a bit). For a roatser use 1 to 2 BIG cans of soup. I sometimes add extra mushrooms and lots of pepper. Add no sallt the soup has plenty. Bake cover for 1 hr for the small and up to 2 hours for the roaster. I serve this
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• with green beans almondine (birds eye frozen).
    GrnEyedGrandma

• Breakfast recipe: Cook rice. Pour warm milk over it. Add sugar and cinnamon to your taste. Very yummy and something different.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• daniellecooks.wordpress.com

gumbo over rice

coconut rice with pigeon peas (serve with jerk chicken!)

spinach mushroom risotto

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• 1/2 C. EACH CHOPPED ONION & CELERY
    1/4 TSP EACH PEPPER & GROUND THYME
    3 TBS BUTTER OR MARGARINE
    1 C. RICE
    1 ENVELOPE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP MIX (I USE LIPTON EXTRA NOODLE)
    1 BOULLION CUBE
    2 1/4 C. WATER

In a 2 qt saucepan, melt butter. Add veggies & seasonings & saute about 5 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add rice, saute 2 to 3 more minutes or until it starts to change color. Add soup mix, boullion cube and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low. Cover & cook about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2009