Tarot cards

Is it possible to be the reader and the questioner? Meaning, ...if you do a reading on yourself will it be fairly accurate. (please note that i use the word accurate loosely. I do understand that all forms of divination are interpretable and can be changed).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ditto what NightOwlMama said about the biased thing. I don't think that I really have that bias anymore, though (well, most of the time lol) because I've read for myself and others so often. I just take the cards as I would for anyone else and interpret them. It's hard to explain. Mine have always been fairly accurate, though. Hard to say for sure, of course, because some things haven't come to pass and may never happen because I'm not entirely on the same "road" I was on at the time of the readings.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yes a reading on yourself can be accurate bt it is harder to do a reading on yourself bc in order to read you must be unbiased and of course when reading for yourself you have a bias you have to consistently let go of.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I've learned that when reading for myself, it's better not to ask a specific question. I just sit with the cards for a bit and ask them what message they have for me at this time. This way, I'm not as likely to read too far into the cards or try and twist the meanings to my desired outcomes. By leaving it "up to them", I get much more accurate readings.

If you want to get more specific, you can ask what they want you to know about a topic, for instance, "What do I need to know about work today?", but I don't generally bother with questions like that, simply because what I think is important at the time doesn't always turn out to be.
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 8:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It is not wise to do a reading on yourself, in my opinion.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• NightPhoenix

Why is that?
    Anonymous

• Do a reading for yourself. You just got to research how they meaning applies to you. I've read for myself for 14 years. Then after that, gone to another friend asked for a reading and have gotten the same exact results.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I would have to say no. No, no and no.

Using Tarot cards is not advised as it calls upon evil spirits to help you. Why not pray to a saint or to God to get your answer?
    MegaMamaTX

Answer by MegaMamaTX at 11:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2009