New at this, only 17 yrs old.....

Im new at this im 17 yrs old kinda scared. im 7 months preg and i have been getting real hot and sweaty and cant breath and having migranes and pain in tummy. is it normal cuz it just started? please help me :( could it be a sign of anything or normal, it never happened b4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Does your migraine go away? Are your ankles swollen? It sounds like it might be pre-eclampsia so if I were you, I would call the doctor.

I know that other mom's are going to tell you to rush to the hospital but you dont need to do that. Call your doctor and see what he/she has to say. But no... I would not say that those are normal things that go along with pregnancy
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• If you live somewhere hot then it's normal to be hot. I'm in Tucson and its 95. Late in pregnancy if it's hot out you tend to be really hot and your hands and feet swell.

You may have trouble breathing if the baby is big and there is less room for your lungs. Some women get more migraines in pregnancy. I don't know about the pain in your tummy.

All of these things could be normal or they could be signs of problems. I hope you are getting good prenatal care. If not you need to see a doctor or nurse midwife right away to make sure everything is fine with you and the baby.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• hopefully you're new at this. call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Just call your doctor... They will help you and make sure everything is fine.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Is it so serious i need to call the hospital? cuz my dr office is closed. or should i just wait til morning and call when they open?
    Anonymous

• Hun, I'd call the doctor's office- they should have an answering service and tell you what your doctor prefers in this situation... he may have someone on call and may tell you to head to the er.

Best of luck - and don't worry - being a first time mom is scary for all of us - 17, 24, or whenever it comes :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Call your doctor, they are used to getting questions. It's what they are there for. They may want you to swing by to check you blood pressure but I wouldn't stress out about it. All kinds of funky things go on with your body during pregnancy. Being hot and short of breath can be pretty much par for the course at this point. Migraines can but don't always mean a rise in blood pressure. Just go ahead and call.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The high blood pressure that But Mommie mentioned is the preclampsia that I was talking about.

Your doctor will have an answering service, you should never call the hospital with pregnancy questions. Call your doctors office and leave a message with the answering service and the on call doctor will call you back.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2009