My baby has a really hard time at daycare on M & T but does very well after adjusting for the rest of the week; What can I do (they do) to help him adjust more quickly? (Hard times during M & T include feeding of the other children since mine is the only infant and when they offer him a bottle, not during solid food feedings)

Hard times during M & T include feeding of the other children since mine is the only infant and when they offer him a bottle, not during solid food feedings. He pushes his bottle away and screams. He is given breastmilk which he takes fine from me via bottle or breast.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• first of all how old is he?? and really the only thing u can do is try to make him more independent at home ..if hes an infant try not to rush to his every need let him cry every once in awhile..they will not tend to him that way at a daycare..as long as he has been fed and changed that is,babys need to cry it exercises there vocal cords.when u drop him off leave quickly it makes it so much easier on the daycare providers,believe me i worked at one and had my own in home daycare..after that its up to the workers they should b trained and no what to do..try it see what happens good luck!
    coffeefreak996

Answer by coffeefreak996 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• How old is he and How close top his regular schedule do they stick at daycare? When my DD was in daycare they stuck to the schedule I gave them so we had less of a problem with it. Now sleeping at daycare was he problem! What baby wants to sleep with 5 other playing kids around? Anyway she has done MUCH better in a private home daycare. I would maybe stat by comparing schedules and see what can be adjusted.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2009