How do I meet people like me?

I'm only 23 and have been a mommy for a year now. Most of my friends don't have kids and even the ones that do are still into the whole party thing. A late night for me is out past 10! I don't mind my life, but I've lost a lot of friends because people my age don't understand and just want to party all night and try to make me feel bad cuz I don't. It doesn't work. Other people I know who are in my situation are older and look at me as too young to really be close friends with. I'm just not into the whole mommy play date thing, and I don't SAH anyway. Any suggestions on where to find people around my age that are like me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• That is quite the conundrum! Can you hang out with co workers? Maybe give the older crowd another chance? Good luck! BTW I hate play groups, and hated sah too. My friends like to hang out after 11 pm and I'm like wtf how will I find a sitter at 11 no thanks! Definitely feel your pain there!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• If there is a Parents Without Partners group, they are helpful. Some churches have groups for single parents. Take classes, perhaps. How about a high-level exercise class- this would eliminate many older people.

Answer by Bmat at 5:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Ohh I guess I should have added I'm not single lol.
    Anonymous

• we have an early childhood education center for our community that helped me - or you can look on CM for mom's in your area by entering your zip and it will bring you to mom's that are close - I am 31 and met a 21 mom of 2 on CM - I don't care of the age, its the sitaution and how much there is in common with someone. I am in the same boat as you though so I know how bad it sucks!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• meetup.com
    Anonymous

• if your not into play groups then i dont really know what to tell you. search for moms in your area in the search area here on cafe mom. Good luck. I been there i was 22 with a kid in kindergarden.. talk about not fitting it.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 6:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I know...you need to find other working moms that are married and have the same schedule as you that won't mind having a bbq and everyone leaves at 9! You can do it!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You know it doesn't really seem to get better either. I'm 28. Many of the people my age are STILL in the partying phase. DH and I stay home a lot and we go to bed early. For kicks on weekends, we might stay up till 11 or midnight watching a movie. :)

My advice is to give the older crowd a chance. I have friends that young, and much older than me, I don't care how old they are.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2009