Has anyone seen alot of lay offs from jobs?

I have seen alot of people loss their job due to insurance reason's. I live on the Gulf Coast and the casino's are laying off people like flies.

goldielock37

Asked by goldielock37 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Several large companies have completely locked up around here. ther MAY be a total of 180 left in our little burg. Population in the town next to us was 3500..closer to 2000 now. Several churches and sheriff's food pantries are bare. Wildlife poaching has gone up darastically. Even the farmers who are nearing 65-75 age range, should have retired, have fired back and started laying off their help and farming what they can physically handle. I consider my lil family lucky because our home is paid for and we raise a big garden every year and hunt and raise our own meat.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 6:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My husband used to work 8 hours a day as a graphic designer for a mom n pop print shop, now he works 4.5 a day.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It is getting so bad here (chas, sc) the local salvation army store shut down and laid everyone off.
    MomX04

Answer by MomX04 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Oh and (I hit enter too soon before) my husband has been out of work for over 2 months
    MomX04

Answer by MomX04 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My husband has been laid off a few times this year. I know several people who are out of work.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2009