Am I the only one who thinks Myspace/Twitter/Facebook can be Narcissistic?

I dont have any of these pages, and i think some people take them too seriously. I can sort of understand staying intouch with family, or old school mates. What happened to e-mails and phone calls? really i want to know what so great about knowing that your eating pea soup and posting it on your twitter? What the heck is "following" anyway? i would'nt want this in real life let alone on the net. heck i only check my CM once a day for about 15 min.

EarthHippy

Asked by EarthHippy at 6:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No; I think they are tools of the Devil! LOL! I think they're fine for others, just not me.
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• LOL i agree. i HATE! hate hate the whole twitter thing as well as the staus updates..ugh so i am with ya.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 6:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I couldn't keep twitter i found it pointless and stupid. I keep up with ppl on facebook, many people do. It can become narcissitic if its all based around you. But everyone here has beautiful kids to show off....
    Anonymous

• Uh, yeah! That's pretty much what the point of it has become.
    Anonymous

• Yeah.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I refuse to ever go on myspace again. I had an account for a couple yrs and someone used my pictures and made a fake profile of me. thats why I have no pictures of myself or my son on here. Cant trust anyone.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• myspace got out of control,i dont have it,twitter is open for all the serial killers to be updated on your everymove and facebook which i do have is so fake,i know people that add people that they dont even like at all so they have another friend and whats more RETARTED IS ............................. facebook is made for people that are far away and people you dont see on daily basis and this retarted people have their coworkers that they see on the daily basis or whats best the ones in the cubicle next to them now that i find dumb,but hey all in the name of feeling popular i guess,i talk to people in other states and i only have my sister on there even if she is like 20 minutes away i see her about every 2 months.
    Anonymous

• I use all of these all of the time... some of my friends are people that I haven't talked to in years because they moved away like my best friend, since she no longer lives here, through myspace I get to see pics of her son growing up and see how she has been doing. I like twitter because I follow my favorite artists on there to see about concerts and stuff like that... mostly I just like to share quotes that I have found, on my status.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• LOL... and this doesnt fall under that same heading????
    Anonymous

• I use facebook because i keep in touch with my family and friends that i dont see daily. Also i have my profile set to private so only my friends can see my pictures, and my whole family goes on there to see pics of the kids since we live so far away. I have found loads of people I went to HS with too, as well as people from bases we used to live at and lost contact with them when we moved. It's a great way to keep in touch if you don't make it all about you. Twitter, I tried that and I couldn't stand it lol. It's totally pointless to try to tell people what you are doing every minute of the day in 140 characters or less and to have people "follow" you and anyone can "follow" you not just people you know, that's WEIRD. Myspace just got outdated to me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2009