nuvaring

Thinking about switching to it from the pill, was hoping to get some feedback for women that use it.
tyia

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Health

• I've used oral birthcontrol tablet, Nuvaring, & most recently I had Mirena put in by my OB. Out of all those I have personally enjoyed the Mirena the most.

When I first tried Nuvaring (2 years ago) I had trouble with it staying in. After about a week of it falling out anytime I did anything, I decided to call my OB. I set up a appointment, went in to the office & my OB inserted it for me.

Not even a whole day later the ring slid out again. This time I knew it wasn't the way it was positioned. It turns out that I have a tilted uterus. which in turn has caused my cervix to be closer to the front of my pelvic bone (rather than tilted towards my tail bone). So, my experience was terrible, however, I believe if my uterus was not tilted and my cervix was in the correct position I would not have had the problems I did.

I hope you find this information helpful. :)

-Teresa
    TMayes

Answer by TMayes at 9:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• meet my 2 yr old daughter... Nuvaring didn't work for us!
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 12:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009