36.4 weeks pregnant measuring small?I feel very big.

I went to my OB apt. today and my doc.(the one who has delivered both my boys)says that im measuring at 34 weeks ....she used that little measuring tape, anyway,this time i am having a girl...could that be why im smaller this time? Im already getting impatient for the arrival of the baby...im due nov. 28th.eeeesh

guitarmom101

Asked by guitarmom101 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think the tape is all that accurate. Your water might be low too. I don't think the sex of the baby makes a difference.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i agree wuth 1st post, they told me one week before i had my first girl, that i was measuring small too. They said she was going to be about 5lbs.,,,,,,,,,she was 7lb. 8oz. ,,,,,thats a good weight. I really wouldn't worry too much, but if they gave you any advice to make a difference i would do it just in case. Good luck & congrats!! :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i am having a girl this time as well after having 2 boys and they say i am measuring small so idk if it has something to do with it or not. But good luck!
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 6:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I ALWAYS measured 3 weeks behind with my first two and I am measuring 2 weeks ahead with this one. It doesnt mean anything!! It can be the positioning of the baby so the OB's dont tend to order u/s to check fluid level until you measure 4 weeks off in either direction
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2009