Is it any wonder why Al Gore pushes the Global warming scam?

Few people have been as vocal about the urgency of global warming and the need to reinvent the way the world produces and consumes energy as Mr Gore. And few have put as much money behind their advocacy and are as well positioned to profit from this green transformation, if and when it comes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/6491195/Al-Gore-could-become-worlds-first-carbon-billionaire.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• even if it is a "scam" why should we live in our own filth???

being green makes sence simply not to live in the trash we make.
    Anonymous

• hmmm. I wonder if other people invest in things that they truly feel strongly about?

and, of course, i do agree with anon :42. There is no reason why people shouldn't try to live more "green". But there are lots of reasons, even if you don't believe in Climate Change, to go as green as each person can.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• He put his money where his mouth is, problem?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I don't have a problem with saving the environment, but I do have a problem when Al Gore tries to scare people. Global warming isn't the first scare tactic they have tried on us...
    Anonymous

• If global warming is such a problem with al gore, then why isn't he do something about it himself instead of the killing the planet he is doing with his carbon foot print and his obession for steaks.
    Anonymous

• If Gore practiced what he preached I might listen but the man is an energy hog. He uses more energy in a month than I use in a year. True environmentalists don't own mansions. They don't drive or ride in SUV's. They don't fly all over the place. They live what they are teaching. He is doing this to make money and does not care about the environment. The opening to his mockumentary An Inconvient Truth was from the movie The Day After Tomorrow. He is a person who will do anything to promote himself to make a buck.
    Anonymous

• It is more than just living in filth. It has been a fraud for years and no one has stopped it. Although the message is good, people are trying to profit from fear mongering. They could be potentially signing our sovernty in December at the G20. Scam or well orchastrated move by the far right? If you think I am full of it look it up.
    mrs_mac3

Answer by mrs_mac3 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I could give a rip what Gore says or does. IMO anyone who doesn't believe we have had a negative impact on this planets ability to sustain human life must live in a bubble. I see no good reason that we shouldn't do all we can to minimize our impact.

EVERY report I have seen debunking climate change was funded by energy concerns. I think they are just as worried about losing money as y'all claim Gore is about making money.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I agree with anon :17. I live really, really green: passive solar house, energy efficient car, etc. I do it because I think it is the right thing to do, I don't believe in global warming.

Al Gore supposedly does believe in global warming, yet uses more power in one year than I do in a decade or more. EACH time he flies in a private jet, it's the equivalent of driving a Hummer for a year. It's absolutely revolting to see the damage Al Gore is doing to the environment.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I am a conservative. To me that means all parts of life. It makes sense to use as little as you can. Al gore makes me ill. Diane Sawyer gave him a little what for today too. Not as hard as she could've, but still.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2009