Has anyone ever tried to self induce labor before, if so how did it work out?

term and ready:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my mom's Ob taught her a "scooting" technique that popped my lil bro out within 5 hours.

sit on the CARPET cross legged/ indian style. fold your arms across your chest. now try to scoot your butt across the carpet using your stomach muscles. scoot around for 5-10 minutes. Wait an hour. If nothing changes, scoot again.

acupressure on the heels is supposed to work.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i heard acupressure is a good start..i plan on doin that here pretty soon
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• This is somewhat controversial- so please, do some research before you decide its for you.

Both of my labors have started shortly after my membranes were stripped the second time. With my DS the doc did it both times. With my DD I did it. I decided it was time (I was term and having health issues that were not being taken seriously) and she was born about 36 hours after the first time I did it (12 from the second).
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• used blue + black cohosh (do not use if you have high blood pressure) with 2 of the 3... worked beautifully.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• you guys are crazy lol wOW !! wait til baby decides tocom enot you induce it yourself her lungs or his may not be all the way developed good luck!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• sometimes you go past a due date too long and thats not safe either ohmama213......just from expierience...it becomes a health issue for the baby after 41 weeks....thats why they would iduce anyway after that.
    Anonymous