Voter intimidation in NY?

I just got off the phone with former state Democratic Chairwoman June O'Neill, who informed me the police had been called to at least two polling sites in St. Lawrence County due to overzealous electioneering (O'Neill called it "voter intimidation") by Doug Hoffman supporters.

"We've gotten reports that people are standing there, covered with Hoffman stickers and yelling anti-choice stuff at voters," said O'Neill, a St. Lawrence native who has been running the party's GOTV effort for Bill Owens in NY-23.

"Apparently, there's some woman claiming to be a commissioner," O'Neill continued. "Commissioner of what, I don't know. She's from Texas, I think, and she won't leave."

"This is not the way we roll in the North Country."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/2009/11/police-called-to-ny-23-polling.html#ixzz0VqOmk6Pk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This sort of behavior is illegal. Leave it to the crazies to ruin any chance they may have by going way overboard. (doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit--this sort of behavior is wrong)
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 7:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• "Apparently, there's some woman claiming to be a commissioner," O'Neill continued. "Commissioner of what, I don't know. She's from Texas, I think, and she won't leave." "This is not the way we roll in the North Country."

I don't know WHAT is going on there but THIS is HILARIOUS!!!!! LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Considering the coverage we saw of the tea parties, I will wait for more complete coverage of any incidents before I believe the accusations.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Oh my a ditty about upstate rural NORTHERN NY. Hmmm they only have little diddies about SNOW. The papers are talking about it. But this area and north of me are quite republican.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 8:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• During the Presidential election the Black Panthers were out with billy clubs intimidating people I never heard any outcry over that. It was blatant intimidation. I guess what is good for one side is good for the other. I would like to see a video showing this otherwise I question it.
    Anonymous

• Wow guess they are taking Ideas from Obama's thuggery book... Wonder if they had billy bats too?

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/black-panthers.jpg

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

What did Obama have to do with these men? Nothing. and guess what, they didn't stop anyone from voting. They never touched or tried to touch anyone, someone called the cops and they removed these fools, the end! It wasn't a democrat thing, or an Obama thing or even a liberal thing...These guys were just acting stupid, I am from that area, who said there wasn't an outcry? There was, and the guys were taken care of....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• "Apparently, there's some woman claiming to be a commissioner," O'Neill continued. "Commissioner of what, I don't know. She's from Texas, I think, and she won't leave." "This is not the way we roll in the North Country." I don't know WHAT is going on there but THIS is HILARIOUS!!!!! LOL

I'm giggling and trying to explain this to my husband. It's not translating well, lmao.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• LOL People covered in stickers is quite a visual.

Its pathetic...The usual blame Obama suspects will use any post to invoke his name.
    SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yeah of course they weren't there INTIMIDATING McCain voters! Yeah the new black panther party, they were there ENCOURAGING people to vote for the white guy! Please sweet, you are forgetting who you are talking to! I am no idiot.. I can promise LOTS of people saw them and turned around to AVOID being beaten senseless by a bunch of Obama thugs! I guess you should say the same for these people they had no possible weapons just bunches of STICKERS! That sure sounds like intimidation shame on those conservatives! lmao!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2009