how many hours in between do you breast feed?

and speaking of breast feeding i plan on pumping here soon when i go back to work and was wondering what brand is good plus is it better to get a manual one or electronic?

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 11 weeks old and we go about 2-3 hours between feedings. At night she usually has one long stretch anywhere from 4-7 hours and then back to 2-3 hours. I stay home, so I can't help you with the pumping question. I just have a cheap manual for occasional use and that won't help you much.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• meleda(sp?) electric is the only kind i got to work for me! as forr hours between feedings... 2 to 3 hours from the time you started the last feeding.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• medela!! is the best expensive but worth every penny. i only pump. my son is 8 mts eats 4 oz every 4 hrs. if your going back to work is 1 oz per every hr. so if you work 8 hrs leave 8 oz for who ever is staying with her
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It depends on the babies age usually but for the longest time my son ate about every two to thre\ho\urs.

Medela Pump in Style electric is the best IMO.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 7:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Medela makes good electric pumps. The Avent Isis is a great manual pump. You'll want to pump/breastfeed often to establish the milk supply and keep it going. You nurse on demand when they are newborns. Good luck, and congrats!!
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• If you need something for back to work, the electric pumps are the best investment because they do not take as much time and effort as manual pumps do. Manual pumps are better for travelling and temporary use.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 8:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I breast fed every 3 hours on the dot when Kenlee was first born. Now it sometimes is longer sometimes shorter but for the most part its every 3 hours. Like everyone else said Medela is the best breat pump to use. You can try looking on ebay or craigslist if money is an issue. We got mine new on ebay for $60.
    Ambereno144

Answer by Ambereno144 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2009