deliverance/oppression

i struggle terribly with demonic oppression--and spiritual oppression--have been for over a year---the talk of deliverance ministry was mentioned to me---what exactly is it??, how real do you think it is??? and what can it do for me???
serious here--no bashing plz

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My church has a ministry of deliverance and I do fully believe in it. I would assume that your church would have one as well. I learned of it after inquiring for a friend that recently tried to commit suicide. Apparently it is a group of members that have experience in delivering people from demonic/spiritual influence, meaning that they are exceptional at praying people free from this type of bondage. I would say it would be something worth you looking into. I would caution you that afterwards you should probably keep your name on a prayer list and be even more diligent in your bond with God to prevent a reoccurance.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• yup. what she said. some people that do it are led by the holy spirit and it is very real. but there are some who do it for show. it is basically a person or small group laying their hands on you and praying over you.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Sounds like a bunch of BS hocus-pocus to me.

Find yourself a good mental health therapist.
    Anonymous

• can i ask why you think i need a therapist--was just a question--and would you care to explain why you think it is hocus pocus
    Anonymous