What can I give him?

Is there anything I can give my son, he has a runny nose...no fever...anything over the counter? he is 2 but as big as an average 3 and a half year old! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i just let it run its course. if he gets stuffy try a hot shower. my dr told me not to use the over the counter cold meds.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Use a humidifier in his room whenever he's napping or sleeping. Also, children as young as 2 can have Zyrtec. It's 1/2 tsp every 24 hrs, but it does help general nasal symptoms.
    KikiLoriLee

Answer by KikiLoriLee at 7:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Saline in the nose to help ease the congestion, humidifier, baby vicks on his feet with socks at night, and chamomile tea over 2 years old is what we do at our house.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My DH went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist recommended the children's Claratin liquid for my 17 month old. I think it has a suggested dosage for age 2 already on it.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2009