Do you still use Zicam?

My DH just called to tell me I poisoned him with Zicam today, lol! I didn't know it had been recalled and I used the nasal gel a couple of days ago because I felt a cold coming on. I talked him into using some today because he felt the same way. At work someone told him it had been recalled. I swear by this stuff! I know they make other forms so I guess I'll start using that. Does anyone else still use it?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 7:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Health

• Zicam can permanently take away your sense of smell, so be careful.
    Peppermint tea is great! Peppermint is a natural decongestant; just be sure that peppermint is the only ingredient.
    Honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) is the best cough syrup.throat soother.
    Emergen-C will help you stay hydrated and give you an energy boost; be sure to mix it with cold water. The lowest price is at Trader Joes, though it is sold just about everywhere (Target, Walgreens, etc.).
    I am a big believer in the power of foods. This healing foods pyramid from the University of Michigan is great: http://www.med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/index.htm
    The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I just buy and take zinc supplements- they cost less
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• zinc has no proven effects in helping you avoid or get better quicker from a cold.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2009