Do you let your kids eat their

Halloween candy whenever they want or do you give them a little at a time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just have one baby, but when he's older, he won't be participating in halloween. If he DID, I think I'd give it to him a little at a time. Makes it more enjoyable for them when they still have candy after all the other kids have eaten theirs. Not to mention more healthy. Gives them a good lesson in delayed gratification.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• 1 to 2 pieces after each meal. And I throw away a few pieces each night. I have 4 and its just too much candy!
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 7:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• No. I hate halloween and they don't need candy
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 8:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I let them stay up until about 10pm (which is late. they are only almost 4 and almost 5) and they ate as much as they wanted then.
    then they picked out 3 of their favorites for the next day (i would have let them have more but they don't know that! :0)
    The rest of it i took away. We had agreed that i would take most of their candy in exchange for new toys. I offered this, and they accepted. no pressure. They aren't too into candy like lots of other kids are.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• He's 13 and didn't trick or treat this year but he is allowed to eat the leftover candy anytime he wants. He is old enough to know when to stop.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My kid's Halloween candy was bought by they're dentist. he gave them $5 for each of their bag, and they went to walmart and bought lipgloss, accessories. They ate maybe 5 pieces out of the entire bag, and they got quite a bit, but they're teeth are so gorgeous, cavity free, I want it to stay that way.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• LOL...I forgot all about my 16 month old's Halloween candy. I put the bag in the closet and forgot about it. There wasn't much in it anyway. She didn't eat any candy on Halloween night. Someone gave her a snack package of Cheerios and that's what she wanted to eat instead of the candy!!!!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Little at a time.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• 1. Their bags live in my room.
    2. I swear they ask for candy two days after Halloween, and then they forget about it.
    3. They know it's going in the trash. And, they don't remember it until they see the bags there...
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• They can have it whenever. Their pumpkins full of candy have been sitting on the piano bench since Halloween and they're still mostly full. I'm not a candy-nazi and we usually have candy in the house, so it's not a big deal to them.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2009