I had miscarriage at 8 weeks and had D+C. It is now more than 12 weeks I haven't got my preiod back, I took pregnancy test and it was negative. Is there anyone has the same experience?

I have no abdominal pain or bleeding

annenguyen

Asked by annenguyen at 7:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I want to say it took 6-8 weeks for me to get my period after a D&C...I would ask you Dr, they may be able to give you meds to help your body regulate itself...I am sorry for the loss of your baby, I know its not an easy thing to go through.
    Tina1007

Answer by Tina1007 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i honestly dont know why that would be, i had a d&c and bled for about a week and half then not even a month later i had my period
    wishing u all the best, ask ur doctor
    im sorry about your loss its the hardest thing ive ever went threw. if you needa talk im here
    Tracey1988

Answer by Tracey1988 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Hi, I have had 4 D & C's due to miscarriage over the last 3 years. After the first 3 my period came back after 4-5 weeks. The last one it took 12 weeks for it to come. I kept doing 1 pregnancy test a week to make sure I wasn't pregnant. I went to the doctor after about 9 weeks and she said that there was nothing she could do to make my period come. I just had to wait it out. Not sure the reasons why it took so long but I think losing 2 pregnancies in 5 months made my body a bit messed up so it took awhile to regulate itself (the other 2 were a year apart). Sorry for your loss. Goodluck for the future.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2009