My mom & her short fuse w/ my children, makes me want to slap the bitch

My mom has an extremely short fuse, she's the type that flies off the handle before you can finish a sentence. Well my 3 year old is quite frustrating at times I can admit, but I have never cursed at/toward her. Tonight, for ex, my daughter wanted her to put her to bed so they got all the way upstairs & she decided she wanted a drink of water. My mom said no and my daughter started to throw a fit and talk back, so my mom stomps down the stairs to get her some water & says, "I'm about over your shit tonight", and when she got closer to me she repeated it but replaced shit with crap. She also says damn to her when she's mad. It really really really infuriates me, not only is she teaching my child bad language but why can't she be an ADULT and control her mouth? I live with my parents unfortunately so I have to put up with it. I try to talk to her about it but she then gets pissy with me & we both yell at eachother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow, calling someone a bitch doesn't mean you have anger problems, you are probably just frustrated at the way your kids are being treated. I'm in a similar situation, and it's hard 'cause you feel like if you hold your tongue your child is being treated unfairly, but if you say something then more drama starts. My method is to keep my daughter away form members of the family that aren't overly nice. It sucks, 'cause you'd love to be able to let your kids run around a play, and be kids, but until you have your own place, you kinda gotta go with the flow.
    Sharde88

Answer by Sharde88 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Move out.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Stop calling your mom a "bitch". That's extremely disrespectful.
    Anonymous

• Do what you can and MOVE OUT!!!!!! This is not a healthy environment for your daughter or yourself to be in. Is there another friend or family member that you can move in with until you can get on your feet?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My mother gave me great advice recently regarding a situation with my inlaws. She told me that it is up to you as the child's parent to do what is right for them. Regardless of your relationship with your mother, you need to address the concern and speak up for what you feel in your heart is right for your child/ children. good luck!
    Mommytobe618

Answer by Mommytobe618 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• but why can't she be an ADULT and control her mouth?

You just called her a bitch so looks like you got a temper too. 

It's time you move out and no you don't have to put up with it.  Your an ADULT.

Anonymous

• Make whatever sacrifice you can to move out. If you can't then lead by example, meaning don't use those same words and control your own temper with your mother. Have a conversation with her explaining your values and how you don't want your daughter repeated those words or learning to express herself always in anger. You are your childs mother so regardless of whose house you live in you do get to say what goes......but.....you still have to be respectful of the person providing a roof over your head.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I agree that you should move out. And if your 3 year old throws a tamntrum about a glass of water, that is a bad sign. Maybe she needs to be hearing "No" more often? And maybe you and your Mom are so much alike that it is impossible for the two of you to live together? I have never described my Mom or anyone in my family or circle of friends as a "bitch". And certainly I would not say "I want to slap the bitch". That is really outrageous and inappropriate. Maybe a session with a counselor and anger management therapy would be a good thing?
    Anonymous

• Maybe she DOES have some issues. How many people actually are gross enough to say "I want to slap the bitch" about their own Mother???? It is sick. But then nowdays it seems people are always being rude,crude,gross and obscene. Personally I think she and her Mom need help. The poor little kids in that family....I feel sorry for them.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• OP

No BITCHES I don't have issues. I didn't actually say to my mom that she was a bitch OR that I wanted to slap her. I came on here shortly after she said what she had said and was still really pissed off about it. Don't any of you ever say anything out of spite when you're angry, or are you all so god damn perfect that the sun shines up your stupid asses 24/7 and you never get mad?
    Anonymous