How old is to old to spank. I am talking a over the knee spanking with care and love?

SpankingMom2

Asked by SpankingMom2 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would say a teenager is too old to spank. I just always felt like it was weird; I don't know why.
    Anonymous

• lol your name got me to lol.
    Anonymous

• Over the knee? 6yrs. a single swat in passing 10 yrs.
    ysmeine

Answer by ysmeine at 8:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• my estimation is between 10 and 12. you can tell when it starts losing its effect
    Anonymous

• you actually made your screen name "spankingmom2" you are so proud of spanking.? mm well let me ask you this..so say your dd hits another little girl at the playground..DO you go over and spank her and say "no hitting"???? you do realize that its so hypocritical right? so silly too. you hit your children in order to "teach" them right from wrong? i was spanked as a child withthe belt..it was awful and rediculous..i never understand how its effective.
    Anonymous

• When she was good she was very very good and when she was bad she got spanked

this is what you have as your description of your daughter?...I THINK YOU'RE NUTS!!!
    Anonymous

• WOW! You need help. Spanking at any age is WRONG!!! When you do something unacceptable, does you husband hit you?? No, it would be considered abuse!! It's the same for children! HItting is never okay, never.
    Anonymous

• You choose how you react to everyone, including your children. You are therefore teaching them it is ok to react with violence when some one else in their life does not agree with them. How about breaking the cycle of hitting.
    Anonymous

• Spanking is assault on a child. It's ALWAYS wrong. It's consider a crime if a man hits a woman, or if a woman hits a man. But it's legal to hit an innocent, helpless CHILD? Our society is seriously fricked up, I tell you.
    Anonymous

• I can't say I agree that spanking is the same as assault, but I've come to believe it is counterproductive. You might get results for a while, but I think it only exacerbates the problem. If you do spank, I would say that by about four you should be done with spanking.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2009