how old was your child when you started to use the walker? how about the jumper that clings to the door frame?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the jumper at 5 months, he loved it. It all depends on the child. If your baby has good neck control and can hold himself up pretty good, you'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• walker- oh... I think it was around 5 months (2-3 months with the exersaucer- as soon as he could keep his head up and sit with support)
    Jumper- 4 months
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 8:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Never used either one. We did use an exersaucer at about 4 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I heard neither one was great because it does'nt teach the baby to support his or her own weight .... is what i was told ..but an exersaucer to entertain while you need to do a little lite housework ,I dont see anything wrong with !
    Anonymous

• we used the walker around 6 months. we never used the jumper thing.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• 5 MONTHS
    EDELIS

Answer by EDELIS at 9:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Jumper about 4 months and walker about 5 months. Not sure that is 100% right on not supporting their own weight if you use them, my daughter is 8 months old and is walking on her own. Only about 5/6 steps but walking non the less. You just shouldnt keep them in them for long periods of time. 10-15 mins at a time is a great way to build those muscles up.
    Anonymous

• I never used any of those things with either of my babies. I read that they can delay them from learning to walk. Besides, I felt like I had baby gear coming out of my ears. You can get by without either if you want to.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• We started using the jumper around 4 or 5 months and the walker around 5 or 6 months, I do not remember. She likes to chase the dog in the walker.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• We had a doorway thing but my older one would just get too carried away and hit his head on the door frame. So we went to a stationary jumparoo. It worked much better, IMO. We moved to it at 7 months but had we had it sooner he probably would have been ready for it at 4-5 months. Excersaucer about the same time too. We don't do walkers.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009