Horror Stories???

Do you tell horror stories to your children? Just want to know..

mommyposh

Asked by mommyposh at 8:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• heck to the no no.why would i, my kid already has no t.v so you can imagine how far his imagination is already,truth is i never will anyway.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yes....I've shared my childhood.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• lol eire thats a good one :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• No, and I won't either.

When I was a kid I grew up reading Stephen King and the like. I mean I was reading horror stories on my own by the time I was 5. Only one story ever gave me nightmares. I had an equal love for horror movies. As I've gotten older and lived a little I've discovered that real life is way scarier than any of that crap I used to be into and I now prefer to try and nourish my mind with positive books and movies. I'll still watch fantasy, like Harry Potter, but I stay away from the hardcore stuff. I won't actively encourage horror for my kids.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• NO and I won't let anyone else either!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I'm w/Wendythewidow... that's what the news is for! : (
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• my dd recently discovered goosebumps, and won't put them down... i wouldn't call that horror though... and that was self discovered.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• no..and i get angry with my mom because she and my sister like to scare my son about aliens and chucky. I HATE taking him over there but sometimes (maybe once every couple of months) i have no choice cuz i dont have a babysitter. My son loves goosebumps and he even likes action/horor...terminator type stuff. My mom and sis just get carried away and wont stop.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yeah, I sometimes do. On halloween I told him spooky stories and I sometimes tell him there are monsters.

The other day there was a montster in our bathtub off the master bedrrom so we hid under the covers and played memory card games for a while. Its mostly a fun thing with us and he doesn't get scared by it. He does pretnend to be scared by it though. Or will "save" mommy when a monster is trying to get me. Its a game to us.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• We told scary stories while we were camping long ago and the kids loved it, but they were nowhere near horror.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:28 AM on Nov. 4, 2009