am the only one that lives Paycheck to paycheck ***I need some financial HELP***

it seems like I am the only one out of my friends that live pay check to pay check. I never have money to spend on anything except bills. I know there has to be a better way for me. I make 13.00 and hour and I work 37.5 hours a week. I have rent, gas, lights, water, food, toiletries, gas in my car, nothing extra. I never have money. my friends always seem to be able to buy what they want when they want it. I just want to make changes.
I would like to try and budget better.... any ideas????
By the time I get paid the next couple days my money is gone for the next two weeks :( I need financial help and changes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• you live wise why are you looking down on yourself,any extra is a blessings most dont even appriciate.go on line and they have lots of budget plans,and no you are not the only one.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It's always about choices and priorities. Look around you. There is something you're looking at that you don't need. Something you can do without that costs you something every month. Give that up, and there is your extra spending money.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You can use mint.com to help analyze your spending.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I thought the same thing! I thought how do both me and my husband work full time and still our friends have more and nicer things than us. They are planning a second baby yet, we could barely take care of our 1. Well let me tell you, things are not always as they appear! I didn't know this until I got to know my friends (at the time) better and they were making horrible choices, spending money on fun stuff and eating out but were building up thousands in debt. I felt so hopeless but try not to use other people as a pillar to judge yourself and your situation. I know it is hard but you can do it. I noticed you didn't list a car payment is your car paid off? If not use your tax return to do it or at least to significantlylower your payments. Also, watch how much you spend on food. There are good website called hillbillyhousewife.com and it has cheap recipes.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Take a look at ways to cut the amount of water and heat you use. Turn down the thermostat this winter. Only make trips in your car when necessary to save on gas. Call around and see about cheaper car insurance. When do you renew your lease where you live? With the economy, I know many times you can get a lower rent or work out some kind of deal. Don't eat out or buy prepackaged foor. Make your own meals and take them to work with you. Do you have internet and/or cable? If so, cut those out. Cut coupons. There is a lot you can do (unless you are already doing it - which is where I feel we are! Lol!)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel. My husband and I were the same way. Till I started working from home and things have gotten better one step at a time. If you want to know more about what I do let me know. Best of luck to you!
    cditren

Answer by cditren at 9:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My husband makes $12.50 an hour, there are 5 of us and he pays $418 a month in child support. Now I can't run out and buy anything I want, but we aren't living quite paycheck to paycheck. I'm sorry, but it makes me wonder how you budget your money.
    Anonymous

• Have you ever thought about working from home to make some extra money? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 8 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 9:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I'd wonder about the friends and if they were charging a lot and building up a lot of debt that they'll regret later. It is better to skip the luxuries for a while if you can keep your heads above water and live within your income.

Answer by Bmat at 10:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Thanks everybody. I donot have a car note, I do have a cell phone, no house phone. I have a daughter and her father helps me so much with her. I was wondering if working from home part time would bring more money in. I will check it out. Is the working from home strenuous and is it legit??? Just wondering.
    This is for anonymous 9:35 I dont know how I make it sometimes myself. (god up above) but I dont have to pay child support so that helps out as well, one less bill I think thats a hefty expense for your husband and the thing about child support you have to pay it. BILLS, BILLS, BILLS. At this point Im sick of struggling thats all.
    Anonymous