i have a question and yes reg H1N1..more like a what would u do or think...

i have 2 children..ages 12 and almost 4. we went with a friend and her graddaughter age 3 1/2 to a big ol pumpkin patch kids played all was great..well her grandaughter got sick today fever and all she went to doctors and it was confirmed she has H1N1..my question is now my kiddies seeing how they were around this sweet lil girl they were xposed to it, should my dd go to school tomorrow ( so far she is feeling fine but heard it takes a few days to know ) and i dont want to send her with the chance of others getting xposed. also in case what would u recomend i disinfect and how..i want my kids to be ok and others. what would u do? please no bashing..its been a long 2 weeks for me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• call your doctor and tell him that your kids have been exposed and see what he says. I wish you the best of luck and hope your kids do not get it. Hope the little girl gets well soon too. Good Luck!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't worry until signs show up.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Start boosting their immune systems, not only because they were exposed, but also it will guard them in the future. Elderberry, probiotics, VitC and Vit d3, lots of water and lots of rest.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Honestly, keep her home, like buzymamaof3 said boost up the immune system, and go to the doctor. Tell them she was exposed and you would like her tested. My daughter is in a school district with confirmed H1N1, regular flu, and a bad form of strep throat. Her doctor tested her for everything when she went for the common cold :-) thankfully
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I personally would not keep mine home just because they were exposed to something. Even the H1N1. Honestly you have no idea how many time she has been exposed already and has not gotten it. I would save those unexcused absences for something more important.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Make sure they are taking vitamins, washing hands. Use Lysol or something similar to spray down door knobs and such(they say it kills flu germs LOL).

I wouldnt stop sending them til they show signs because they may never get it and you cant keep them out for a week waiting to see, that isnt fair to them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• If your dd is good about hand washing and not "messing" with other people's stuff, covering her mouth and nose, etc. and she isn't having any symptoms she should be fine.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• PS- I wouldn't dream of bashing. I for one appreciate the fact that you are concerned for the welfare of the other kids as well as your own.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Wait to worry mamma, don't borrow trouble, life is hard enough.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2009