what was your period like when you got it back after breastfeeding for several months or even just after having your first baby in general?? (descriptive)

Ive been breastfeeding exclusively for almost eight months, so I just barely got my period for the first time (since I gave birth) today. But its not like my periods used to be... Its been VERY light with some brown clots/clumps. I was having cramps for a couple of weeks before today.
I dont know what to think of this all... its almost not like a period at all.

Is this normal?

Normal for me always used to be... Start first thing in the morning, GUSH blood and have AWFUL cramps, remain bedridden and bleeding out for a day. The next day heavy flow with less cramps. The third day-super lite and no cramps. The last day, just a bit of spotting.

So I dont know what to think.

how about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Health

• Pretty much ANY variation is normal. The only thing to worry about is if you soak through a pad an hour.

I envy you...for me it was like a slasher movie.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2009