Hypothetical question...

I was just wondering how many people think the same as I do. If you had only $50 to spend on Christmas for your kids, would you:

A) Buy a bunch of small things from the Dollar Store
B) Buy one nice present like a new game or something
C) Buy stuff to do with your kids, like make crafts and such
D) Use it to have an "experience" with your kids

I would say either C or D because those are memory makers that are going to last a life time, but I know some people won't go through Christmas without giving a gift.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 9:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We would have a family Christmas "experience" that they'd remember long after the toys broke.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i agree c or d.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• it would depend on the child, his age, and his likes/needs. if he had no 'needs', i'd probably get whatever i knew he liked within that amount of $. if i found 2, 3, or 4 items i knew he liked..i might pick those. we do crafts all the time, so his xmas gifts prob would not consist of something like that.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Crafts. My kids like to do stuff like that.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I would go to Goodwill, or craigslist. You can get really nice, brand new stuff.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Depends of child sex and age. I would never opt for the dollar store for Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I go to the Dollar store for tons of stuff, but not Christmas presents.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I also don't think I would go to the dollar tree for Christmas. I don't often buy toys from China, and almost all their stuff is made there. We have money this Christmas, but we are also planning to use some of the money on experiences and crafts other than presents. We are going to go to a 19th century Christmas reenactment, and go to Zoo Lights at our zoo, and also may go see a huge light display the county put on every year between Thanksgiving and New Year's. We plan at least one or two crafts a week, and the kids LOVE seeing their homemade decorations being cherished every Christmas, year after year.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009